Weekly review: Mon 5 Oct to Fri 9 Oct
What moved
1. Three retainer clients by 31 Dec (one signed)
- Proposal out: "sent the retainer proposal to the restaurant on Mill Lane ($1,200 a month)". They will decide "by the end of next week".
- Bakery group visit "went well". They "asked if I can look at their new third site in November". Existing client, so the count stays at one.
2. Cafe cost check on sale by 30 Nov, two sold by 31 Dec
- "two hours on the Cafe cost check checklist".
- A first interested buyer: a cafe owner from the LinkedIn post, "Interested in the cost check, asked when it's ready."
3. Admin under 5 hours a week by 31 Dec
- Nothing this week.
What is stuck
- Cost check labour section. "Got stuck on how to price the labour part." Waiting on you, and it holds up the checklist.
- Cost check page. "didn't touch the cost check page." October's focus has three weeks left.
- Mill Lane. Waiting on them. "By the end of next week", said on Mon 5 Oct, means about Fri 16 Oct.
- Bakery group's third site. Waiting on your answer.
- Two payments chased on Wed. The notes don't say whether they have come in.
Off the list
-
$500 workshop on 29 Oct. Not-doing item 1 is workshops under $800. Your 28 Sep log says they "took two days each and never led to a retainer". Your reason this time: "good exposure". Your call. The log line below records it as an exception so the 30 Nov review can judge it.
-
Homepage hero, Fri morning. Not-doing item 3 is the website this quarter. It took "the morning", in place of the cost check page.
-
The cafe 90 minutes away. Not-doing item 2 is clients more than an hour's drive away. You "said I'd think about it". If you hold the line, a reply you could send:
Thanks for asking about the retainer, and for thinking of me. I keep my clients within an hour's drive so I can be on site when it counts, and you're just beyond that, so I'll pass this time.
Limits
| This week | Your limit | |
|---|---|---|
| Hours worked | about 44 | 40 |
| Admin | about 7 (4 on Wed, 3 on Thu) | 5 |
Next week: if the accountant call on Mon 12 Oct counts as admin, that is 2 hours gone, leaving about 3 for everything else.
Decisions due
- 14 Sep: "Charge the retainer monthly in advance, not after." Review date is Mon 12 Oct. Keep, change or drop? Two facts would settle it: was either payment you chased on Wed a retainer invoice, and does the Mill Lane proposal bill in advance?
The one thing for next week
Finish the cost check checklist, labour part included. Tue 13 Oct, free all day. Give it the morning.
Then:
- Give the LinkedIn cafe owner a ready date. Wed 14 Oct afternoon, after the bakery visit, once the checklist is done.
- Draft the cost check page. Thu 15 Oct, morning, before the 14:00 call.
Updates
decisions.md: add at the top of the table (newest first):
| 7 Oct | Take a two-hour workshop for a hospitality group at $500 on 29 Oct, as an exception to the 28 Sep rule | "It's good exposure" | 30 Nov | |
Review on 30 Nov, the same day as the 28 Sep rule, so the exception and the rule get judged together.
After you decide on Mon 12 Oct, fill the Outcome cell of the 14 Sep row:
12 Oct: kept / changed to <new rule> / dropped, because <reason>
priorities.md: one proposed change, yours to accept or ignore.
- Not doing, item 3. Now: "Rebuilding my website this quarter." Proposed: "Any website work this quarter, except the Cafe cost check page."
- Why: the current wording left room for Friday's hero redesign, which took the morning the cost check page needed.
notes.md: clear it for next week. These open items could carry over as its first lines:
- Mill Lane: answer due by about Fri 16 Oct.
- Bakery group: reply on the third site in November.
- Cafe 90 minutes away: reply owed.
- LinkedIn cafe owner: send a ready date for the cost check.
- 29 Oct: $500 workshop for a hospitality group.
Three questions
- What does "how to price the labour part" mean in practice: what the client pays for that section, or how the checklist puts a cost on their staff hours? One line is enough to plan Tuesday around.
- The 29 Oct workshop: keep it at $500 as an exception, ask for $800, or step back? Is Friday's 15:00 hospitality group meeting with the same group? If so, that is the place to raise it.
- The bakery group's third site in November: inside the current retainer (two half days a month) or quoted separately? You see them Wed 14 Oct.
